Reducer Strip vs. Square Nose

Old 11-22-05, 02:37 PM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reducer Strip vs. Square Nose

When installing my laminate floating wood...I have come to my exterior door and am supposed to use the reducer strip. Just looking at my reducer strip vs. the square nose...I'd rather use the square nose. I laid down the square nose and it butted up right up against the metal door frame nicely and quite perfectly but then when I look at the reducer strip, it curves down and doesn't butt up against the door frame... so I was thinking why would I want it to curve down? Wouldn't it just accumulate dirt-n-stuff in between the strip and frame? Just curious and wanted to understand the "why" part of using the reducer strip instead of the square nose...

Old 11-23-05, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it depends on the situation as to which one to use.

The reducer is normally supposed to go from a higher surface (the laminate) to a lower surface.

I think (and I am no way an expert) that if the sqaurenose works better then use it. I plan on using square nose from my floor to the sliding glass doors.

Old 11-23-05, 02:01 PM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks John...I plan on doing the same (I was talking about my sliding glass door too).

I don't understand how other DIY'ers can possibly install laminate wood w/ only those instructions that come in the box...it sure isn't enough info is it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: