Repair lose pieces of hardwood floor

Old 11-24-05, 10:51 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repair lose pieces of hardwood floor

My house has a beautiful hardwood oak floor laid in a pattern that gives the apperance of a 3-dimensional cube. Each piece of the flooring that makes up the cube is about 2x5 inches long. There are a couple of pieces along a heavy traffic area that have come lose. Is there a product that I can get that I can apply that will lock these pieces in place, or am I going to have to cut these individual pieces out and put down new pieces? The floor is about 80 years old and needs to be re-finished, but is in otherwise good shape. Thanks
Old 11-26-05, 04:35 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,047
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Drill, face nail, countersink nails, and fill the holes.
Old 11-26-05, 04:45 PM
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 195
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Called a Rhomb's pattern.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: