nailing pergo when it buckles?

Old 11-26-05, 08:01 AM
kimbut
Visiting Guest
Question nailing pergo when it buckles?

I installed Pergo laminate floor in my kitchen and for two years it worked great. This year, for some reason, it's buckled all over the place. I've read the threads saying that even the smallest amount of water could've caused this. I think I know what it was - very small diswasher problem that's now fixed.

Anyway, I know I need to replace the floor. But don't have the $ right now. As an intirim step, I thought I'd use small finishing nails or something to nail down the places where it's buckled. Since it's a "floating floor" and all that, would this cause mor eproblems? Or would this be ok as a temporary fix?

Old 11-26-05, 10:09 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't nail it. Nails lock in a floating floor and will cause more buckling. Also finish nails in a floating floor will raise back out of the floor and make some feet pretty sore.

Old 11-27-05, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just guessing but is it possible the buckling may be caused by the floor trying to expand but it can't because its locked in somewhere?
I wonder if you should check for expansion gaps. This might release it.
Probably won't work if the laminate is wrecked but I'd give it a shot before I replaced the floor.

Last edited by mjd2k; 11-27-05 at 10:08 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: