Newbie from Holland with questions on wooden flooring in the basement.

Old 12-19-05, 06:11 PM
debeenus
Visiting Guest
Newbie from Holland with questions on wooden flooring in the basement.

I am from Holland and we just bought a house in Orangeville, ON. I would like to get some wooden flooring in the basement. Now it's not really a basement as most of it is above the ground. This basement has been finished for at least 20 years now (this information maybe nessecary)

We currently have tiles on the floor but besides the fact that it's cold it's also not pleasant as the size of the basement is too big, now I came up with the following questions:

- Is it possible to put some kind of isolation between the tiles and the wood to prevent the heat to escape?
- We need engineered wood, is there a big difference between engineered wood and laminate nowadays?
- As we need 1500 square ft, who would be able to recommend a perfect solution for a reasonable price?
- We found one piece of Wood from Bruce Hardwood Floors called 3/8 3" Turlington Plank, would this be a nice solution and where would be the best place to buy this?
- Is there a big price difference between 3" and 5" products?

Lot's of questions, thanks in advance for your time!!

DeBeenus

Old 12-20-05, 09:53 AM
debeenus
Visiting Guest
a small bumb for myself :-)

Old 12-20-05, 11:32 AM
LAZYTNCAJUN40
Visiting Guest
laminate is your best bet

it has a vapor bar. that goes on first then the flooring as it floats if you look on ebay you can find flooring as low as 1.25 a sq ft

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: