Wood laminate--trans. peice under door jamb?

Old 12-27-05, 08:38 AM
Amanda
Visiting Guest
Wood laminate--trans. peice under door jamb?

We are installing Balterio Quattro flooring today in our living, dining, hall, and kitchen. It uses a flip-locking mechanism. We are running the planks the long length of the hallway which means that the planks are running paralled to most of the bedroom doorways. After searching 1,000 posts last night, I think I've at last got a solution for the door jamb dilemma (how do I flip down that last peice and it end up under the door jamb?) I'm going to try what the poster suggested and trim off the lip of the tongue on that last peice so that I can just glue and slide it into place rather than having to flip it down. Now, I've come up with one more question. We are transitioning to carpet at the bedroom doorways. Does the transition peice also need to go under the door jamb? Can I just cut it to fit flush against the jamb or does it need an expansion gap also? If it's O.K to cut it flush, should I caulk the ends? Thanks for any help!

Amanda

Old 12-27-05, 08:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The transition does not go under the jamb. It is cut flush to flush, tightly.

You can do the glue clean up 2 ways, when you glur a plank and it squeezes up at the joint.
Wipe it with a damp rag and then buff with a dry rag till the haze is gone.
OR
Let the beads of glue dry a little, and scrape them with a credit card.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: