Laminate flooring in L-shaped room

Old 12-27-05, 04:06 PM
shaguarsnh
Visiting Guest
Laminate flooring in L-shaped room

Okay, my sunroom (the main entrance into the house) is sort of L-shaped, with the entrance from the outside on the short end, and the entrance into the rest of the house on the long end, and I'm installing laminate flooring. I want to install it square onto both doorways. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the angle, and make it look good? Would a ~45 degree cut with T-molding covering look awful in the middle of the room?

Old 12-28-05, 01:15 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changing directions in the middle of a room can be done in wood and look nice if done correctly. I can't visualize trying that with a laminate and t-mold where it would look very good.

I always avoid a transition strip out in the field.

Why, again, are you wanting to do this? Is it because of going under door jambs and casings??

Old 12-28-05, 04:12 AM
shaguarsnh
Visiting Guest
If I kept the laminate running straight from the main portion of the room, you would enter the house onto laminate flooring placed at about a 60 degree angle. The room is a wide L-shape, custom addition (previous owners, not mine!) Now I'm starting to reconsider whether tile would be a better option... I wanted something fairly durable, as this is the room we have pretty much let the dogs take over (2 bassett hounds).

Last edited by mattison; 12-28-05 at 04:23 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire post above.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: