How to put wooden beading around door mouldings?

Old 02-09-06, 12:41 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to put wooden beading around door mouldings?

I have laid laminate flooring down, but was unable to cut under door mouldings to allow the flooring to go under in (and thus hide the 1cm extension gap I have needed to leave).

I now have to place the wooden beading around the skirting board right up to the door threshold in each room. This is fiddly and requires loads of little pieces of beading to be cut and stuck to the bottom of the door frame moulding on each side of the door.

Is there any guide to doing this available on the Internet?

Also, there are a couple of places where when knocking the flooring panels together, I have scuffed the join-edge of the flooring. The scuffing is now visible and unsightly. What's the best way to hide this? - wood filler?

Thanks

Old 02-09-06, 05:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miken1972
I have laid laminate flooring down, but was unable to cut under door mouldings

Is there any guide to doing this available on the Internet?

Also, there are a couple of places where when knocking the flooring panels together, I have scuffed the join-edge of the flooring. The scuffing is now visible and unsightly. What's the best way to hide this? - wood filler?

Thanks

There is no written guide on the internet on "How to HACK in my flooring investment" The doorjambs are always undercut, in the professional instructions and manuals, so I can't personally tell you how, because I've never attempted that unsightly task.

Edge chipping damage is usually fixed with a plank replacement. Try color match filler, but don't plan on it to be permanent, or match exactly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: