size limit for Pergo installation?

Old 02-11-06, 11:18 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
size limit for Pergo installation?

Not a DIY'er myself, we want a Pergo floor installed in our newly built 4-season room, 12x18 ft--the guy at Home Depot says that might be too much area, that it might "come up", whereas an installer we called said "no problem"--any reason to think any problems would occur? Thanks alll--

Old 02-11-06, 11:36 AM
F
Not sure why it would be a problem at all.

Old 02-11-06, 01:37 PM
Generally in order for a room to be to "large" to install laminate flooring all in one piece, the room needs to be somewhere around 40' length by 26' in board width. so for a 12' x 18' room you are perfectly fine.

Old 02-11-06, 08:12 PM
Never believe anything anyone in the flooring department at Home Depot or Lowe's tells you! They will lead you right down the road to a failure in a heartbeat. They worked in bath fixtures last week.

Old 02-11-06, 10:31 PM
F
Originally Posted by Carpets Done Wright
Never believe anything anyone in the flooring department at Home Depot or Lowe's tells you! They will lead you right down the road to a failure in a heartbeat. They worked in bath fixtures last week.
agree with you there CDR. And that goes for every department, not just flooring..! I get better advice from the hardware store around the corner that's been there for 50 years.

Old 02-12-06, 10:08 AM
K
Thanks all for the insight--like I said, not a DIY'er myself, but it's a relief hearing from those who've "been there & done that..." --kjcon258

Old 02-13-06, 04:56 AM
Lisa77429
Visiting Guest
With the exception of the kitchen, my entire downstairs is contiguous Pergo - approx 1500 sq. feet of it. Had it put in 6 or 7 years ago maybe more. It was fairly new on the market back then. Nothing has moved, shifted or buckled. It was the old style - glued together - which I think holds much better than snap and lock. Have the snap and lock upstairs and am not happy with it. It doesn't like any kinds of water leaks AT ALL.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: