Engineered wood floors

Old 02-16-06, 06:08 AM
Bill Syms Jr.
Visiting Guest
Engineered wood floors

I am ready to install an engineered wood product to the 1st floors (split level) of my townhouse. I have a small set of stairs that I will be using the wood on also. I need an experts advice on how they would go about securing the wood to the risers and steps;

a) do I still use the pad

b) liquid nails anywhere

c) secure with nails

It is a Universal engineered wood product (Barn scraped red umber). It's 9/16's thick and has stair caps for the stairs (along with T and 1/4 rounds for other applications).

I pulled out all carpet, padding, tack strips, staples, moldings and even scraped all the paint / texture from the subfloor (plywood). The stairs look like they have some issues. Would not be adverse to pulling off plywood and redoing it to make it level and plumb if it is necessary.

I am very handy and have all the tools necesary to complete this task, would just like to know what a floor guy would do in his own house if he was doing this.

Thanks!

Old 02-16-06, 08:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I glue along with face nailing where it will be hidden, and blind nailing where it would show. Except the nosings, You have to top nail them, so color matched wood filler is needed.

Do what you have to do to make the rough framing perfect.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: