Sams Club laminate

Old 02-24-06, 07:34 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sams Club laminate

We started to refinish our old hardwood floors but saw where it wasn't going to look good so are thinking of laminate over them. Has anyone used the laminate from Sam's Club called Lock n' Seal? The old floor is not actually warped or bowed up but the boards aren't even which made the sanding almost impossible. Would we be able to put the laminate over them? If not, we may just go with carpet. TIA

Old 02-25-06, 01:45 AM
J
You can lay over hardwood. The only time you can't would be if you had a parquet type glued down over concrete. I have used that brand twice this year. it looks fine but it has a flimsy T&G joinery IMO. It is not the easiest one to install by yourself. Placing a full carton on one end to weight it down and blue tape over the joints as you go helps. Either that or just go 1 row at a time if it is not a long run.

Old 02-25-06, 06:06 PM
W
Dupont makes a great product, i get them from my local Home Depot

Old 02-26-06, 06:16 PM
The thing about Sam's Club is once all that color or type is sold it is gone, never to be found again. If you have a small misfortunate problem later, you will be replacing the entire room or the whole floor with something else, or live with the damaged floor.

Also the availability if transition moldings that match the flooring, at Sam's

Old 02-27-06, 10:35 AM
spend the money on having your HARDWOOD floors professionally finished!!!! please!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: