is there a liquid wax for hardwood floors?

Old 03-08-06, 12:17 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a liquid wax for hardwood floors?

A lady has always cared for our floors. She mixes some ingredients together and wet mops it onto our wood floors. These floors are very old but are beautiful. The wood is a bit soft and scars easily with furniture or toys. She closely guards her "recipe" and I understand that. However, the cost to have her do them prohibits us from having them done as often as needed. These are not the new laminate wood that is hard and shines. They are the old wood floors. Is there a liguid product out there or does someone have a "recipe" that can be shared. My floors and myself would greatly appreciate any help!

Old 03-10-06, 01:17 AM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Liquid wax for hardwood floors

I have heard that the results you are looking for could be found with Johnson & Johnson liquid floor wax. It is made for hardwood floors and it comes in a tall yellow can. My suggestion is to try in an area that is not noticeable to see if you would be happy with the results. A cleaner would be Murphy's soap. Good luck in your quest.

Old 03-12-06, 03:29 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wax finish floors are not to be cleaned with water or water-based cleaners. Liquid paste wax is not as durable as solid paste wax and requires several applications per year, thus there is the eventual buildup. When a new coat of solid paste wax is applied, it removes the old coat. Solid paste wax can be applied by hand or a waxing/buffing machine. Floors can be buffed between waxings. In-between waxing can be done in high-traffic areas. Remove scratches and water spots from wax finish with #0000 superfine steel wool and wax.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: