Help! I think I really messed up!

Old 03-08-06, 11:37 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! I think I really messed up!

I replaced my kitchen flooring with a laminate from Armstrong. My kitchen floor wasn't perfectly flat. I really thought it would work out. I had previously jacked the floor up and braced it. It was abut as level as it was going to get. Now, the floor sinks about 1/8 inch where the dip is. It's not that noticable with shoes on but when barefoot you can really feel it. It is driving me crazy. I feel that I may have wasted a lot of money on this flooring. I know that I messed up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem. I pulled the floor up and added more padding in that area but this just created more cushion.

Old 03-09-06, 11:20 AM
Don't use more padding, it will add to the squish feel. Buy a roll of 30# roofing felt and layer it, as you go row to row re installing it.

Old 03-25-06, 08:27 PM
G
Wow, thanks for that response (slight thread hi-jack). I have a couple dips in my concrete slab. I tried to patch it using concrete patch stuff, but that was more a mess then anything. I still have a dip in the slab (less, but still there) so that roof felt idea i think will be the route for me at this stage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: