Where would you install wood / laminate

Old 03-13-06, 01:18 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where would you install wood / laminate

Trying to get an idea of where folks install laminate or hardwood. Am looking at doing it throughout the whole house except the bathooms and kicthens and was curios as to what everyone else has done

Old 03-14-06, 11:41 AM
some people put it everywhere, some say to keep wood & laminate away from wet areas - everywhere EXCEPT kitchens, laundry rooms, & bathrooms. some will say to avoid basements. also, entries that are heavily used in locales where there's lots of snow that could get tracked in, if no area rugs will be used, might not be a good choice.

personally, i wouldn't like it in bedrooms. i'd rather use carpet there.

but it depends on the type of material you choose. there is a laminate made for wet areas, but it's more expensive. and depending on how careful the people living there are willing to be, you might be okay in the other (wet) rooms. 2 adults will treat floors differently than a household with lots of little kids & pets.

with proper installation of the appropriate material, either of them "could" be used in any room.

there are many variables to consider.

Old 03-14-06, 11:53 AM
C
I have Pergo laminate in the foyer, kitchen and 1/2 bath. Its 8 yrs old and I am amazed how well its held up. We have two kids terrorizing it and we rarely eat out of the house. I even mop it about once a month with a damp mop. Its glued together, so I think it helps keep the water from wicking into the joints and expanding them. My only concern with a whole house of laminate is the sound issue. Noise really bounces and travels off of laminate, real wood is not quite as bad. But your house will be alot noiser with laminate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: