Carpet to laminate transition confusion

Old 03-18-06, 08:52 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carpet to laminate transition confusion

I survived the install of the laminate floor, but I have two carpet to laminate transitions left to make . I have installed the Pergo carpet reducer in both places and now I want to set the carpet side right. I have seen posts on this forum stating to reinstall tack strip about 3/8 inch from the reducer and then install the carpet. Do I want to reinstall a tack strip parallel to the reducer? Are the existing tack strips along the wall edge and perpendicular to the reducer good enough? Is a Z-bar better than a tack strip? Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!! And please be as descriptive as you can, thanks!

Old 03-18-06, 11:56 PM
R
Install a tackstrip, 2/3 the thickness of the carpet from the transition, parallel to the transition, stretch the carpet and tuck it in the void.

Old 03-19-06, 11:57 AM
Ya, and make sure you have the pins in the tackstrip, turned the right way, so it holds the carpet. a bead of carpet seam sealer in the gully before tucking the carpet into it, makes for a secure and ravel free, lasting transition.

Old 03-20-06, 08:05 PM
N
problem with tackstrip

I can't seem to get the tackstrip into the concrete. I hit the nails with a hammer and either the nails bust or a piece of the concrete chips out. Any tips??

Old 03-20-06, 08:11 PM
N
problem with tackstrip

Can I remove the nails in the tackstrip and use a liquid construction adhesive??

Old 03-20-06, 09:34 PM
R
yes, it's easier to cut the tackstrip into 6 inch pieces. Let it set up overnight.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: