How to repair wood floor over concrete?

Old 04-13-06, 07:49 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to repair wood floor over concrete?

I laid engeering wood floor over the concrete slab about a year ago. For whatever reason, some pieces got loosened, meaning you could feel hollow between the floor and the concrete, no glue is holding the wood stripe now.

How do I repair it? Do we drill a small hole on the wood piece and squeeze in more glue with a needle? Then press it with heavy object?

Old 04-13-06, 03:30 PM
I believe there is a system where you drill a small hole into the wood, and then inject glue. However I don't think you weight it down, but just inject glue until you feel the back pressure. Then use the included dowel to plug the hole and wait for the glue to dry, hence filling the hollow spot.

I used it before once, but it was because I had the great *IDEA* to install our showroom floors on top of felt paper... glued... Too bad I didn't think of moisture

So when one of the panels installed started to feel hollow I got the system and used it as directed. Worked fairly well, if not just a hair annoying to do correctly.

Old 04-13-06, 04:44 PM
ProInjection is a two part epoxy, that mixes as you pull the trigger.

Bostiks has a kit also. It use to be on their website.

http://www.bostik.com.au/pdf/datashe...air_%20Kit.pdf

DriTac has one, but I don't recommend it on solid wood, but works well with engineered.

http://www.dritac.com/Product/Repair...t_Brochure.pdf

Old 04-14-06, 08:31 AM
L
Thank you both,
Where do we buy such a repair kit? I could find it on Homedepot and Lowes websites.

Old 04-14-06, 05:28 PM
If you do a google, you may find a supplier on-line.

Look in your phonebook(of a metro area, not rural) for hardwood distributors. Not retailers. It my be listed under supplies. Even in the carpet section, under carpet supplies. Distributors often handle all types flooring, and supplies for the installation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: