Faux wood laminate flooring warping at seams

Old 07-05-06, 11:30 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Faux wood laminate flooring warping at seams

I recently had company stay in my guest bedroom which has a faux wood finish laminate installed by prior homeowner. Guests must've left wet towels on the floors and now the flooring is warped/buckling at the seams. What do I do? Is there a fix?

Old 07-05-06, 06:13 PM
The only fix, is to replace the damage water swollen planks with new planks of the same flooring. Pray you have more flooring stashed somewhere just for this misfortune. If you don't have any left over flooring, good luck, as laminate flooring is changed and discontinued as fast as water flows under the bridge.

Old 07-06-06, 09:18 AM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
As I've read on previous posts before...IF you can't buy the same wood, you can always (if it has been installed in the closet or somewhere where you don't care if the pieces are missing) pull the boards from your existing flooring and replace the warped ones with those. I take it it's only a few boards that are warped right?

Old 07-06-06, 11:06 AM
S
How do I remove the good ones?

Old 07-06-06, 11:29 AM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Not familiar with the ones you have but I assume they are the "click together" type? Read this previous post and read what Annette said. I'm not good with words so I'm going to refer you to a previous thread. Hope this helps. If you need more help, please post again or check back b/c others might have more suggestions. Read down to #7 and 8.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...PLACE+LAMINATE

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: