Leveling Buckles in Pergo Floor

Old 08-21-06, 06:10 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Leveling Buckles in Pergo Floor

I've read a few threads and basically concluded that I have pieces of furniture opposite each other and in other areas which won't allow the floor to move.

My first question is: Which way does the floor 'move', lengthwise or width wise on the planks?

Second question, How can I alleviate the buckles? Do I move everything the one side ove room, etc?

BTW the room is about 450 sq ft.

Old 08-21-06, 07:43 PM
It moves or should I say swells and shrinks in all directions, that is why you have to acclimate it for more then the recommended 48 hour, and leave more then enough expansion space.

Move the furniture around, and if that doesn't let the heaving go completely down, pull a wall molding on both sides of the buckle to see if it isn't gone.

Old 09-02-06, 08:16 AM
M
Thanks for the reply.

I removed the molding on 3 sides. I trimmed where ever there was no gap between the walls and boards. The buckle didn't go down. I'm wondering if it'll take time.

If so how long , days, weeks?

If I put some weight on the buckled area will that help?

some more info:
The floor was put done about 15 months ago. The buckle wasn't there until about a month ago. Around that time we had temps around 100 deg and high humidity.
The floor sits over a parquet floor which is on a slab. I did put the 'underlayment' foam. I put down the better one with a 'moisture' block.

tia,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: