nice pergo / quarter round molding

Old 09-03-06, 08:34 PM
kvfletch
Visiting Guest
Exclamation nice pergo / quarter round molding

I have nice pergo floors in my bedroom and down in the finished basement.
i hate the quarter round molding they used.
Is there anyway to get rid of it and put down a wider baseboard or something? Is there a way to do anything but quarter round?
the floors are new so ripping them out makes no sense.

Last edited by kvfletch; 09-08-06 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-04-06, 11:21 AM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that would be one WIDE piece of baseboard? Doesn't hurt to take a look though. Measure the distance from the the end of the quarter round to the wall, then see if you can find a baseboard that would be wide enough.

What color is the current baseboard vs. the quarter round? Another thought would be to paint it another color to hide it in a sense so it wouldn't stand out so much.

Old 09-08-06, 10:40 PM
kvfletch
Visiting Guest
Question quarter round - is that my only option for the nice pergo I have?

I have quarter round against just a regular boring baseboard. I would like to dress it up and I hate the quarter round, it just looks like a band aid.
So is there a way to avoid using 1/4 round or is there another way to use baseboard that won't like stupid?

Is it just preference to put white baseboard against a hardwood or laminate wood colored floor?

Old 09-08-06, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Try home depot and Lowes they have all kinds of base or shoe that you could use some like turn it over and put it down.

ED

Old 09-09-06, 06:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 703 Likes on 619 Posts
IMO shoe mould looks a lot better than quarter round.

Old 09-09-06, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing with shoe molding is, it is not wide enough to allow you to leave the proper expansion gap. Shoe molding is only 7/16" wide now.

Old 09-09-06, 07:30 AM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you done the measurements and looked at other baseboards? There are all different kinds of baseboards. Bigger, thicker, more of a "design", white, or not painted...you can even paint your if you wanted. Take a look at your local Big Box store. It doesn't "have to" be white. You're right. It's just a preference. Another option I can think of is to take quarter round off including the baseboards and redo the floors. Dunno if you want to do that. It's possible, but some work if the boards aren't glued.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: