pergo american cottage fumes toxic?

Old 09-07-06, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pergo american cottage fumes toxic?

I have handscraped hickory pergo american cottage 18 boxes unopened to install in my home(new to Lowes) lot #1659.It has been in my home a week waiting for the time to install .The fumes is overpowering causing me shortness of breath , throat,ears to hurt, etc what chemical is on this ? I have never had a reaction to any other product like this.I have e mailed PERGO, I WILL CALL THEM TODAY. Anyone know anythig about this product?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-06, 05:55 PM
There are laminate flooring brands that emit formaldehyde. Some claim to emit no formaldehyde. Many flooring materials, including carpet and adhesives, contain formaldehyde and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) which are emitted as gases. Some people are more sensitive than others to off-gassing odors. If you are sensitive, purchase products for your home from knowledgeable sales people with whom you can discuss VOC emissions during installation and life of product.

Your physical reaction is not uncommon. Eye and respiratory tract irritation, headaches, dizziness, visual disorders, and memory impairment are among common symptoms. The flooring will continue to off-gas after installation. Open the window and turn on a fan to move odors outdoors. Remove the product from inside your home.

Old 09-07-06, 08:09 PM
Well, I carried that crap back to LOWES after talking to PERGO customer service .I wasn't the only one in my home having a problem with the fumes.smell still in my home hrs later I have had all those symtoms this week.they told me someone else had called to complain about the product from my area code today ,that was enough for me, back it went. price is 2$ less a box now wonder why?

Old 11-14-08, 01:56 PM
Has anyone else experienced a problem with this product? I am thinking of purchasing this product. Any other thoughts on this product? Quality? It's deffinitely not as expensive as some...and it's on sale at Lowe's here in Jersey...