Easy-Clic Laminate Floors?

Old 10-07-06, 03:42 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi:
I spent the last few days learning and researching various brands of laminate floors, and then I spent time shopping at a few online sites, the big home improvement stores locally and a couple of smaller local stores. After all this research I ended up buying something called Easy-Clic at the local Stone Mountain store even though I'd never heard of it. So much for all that research.
Once I got it home I did a search on Easy-Clic and found nothing. Further digging shows that it's from a German company called CCA Global Partners and they seem to produce the store brand for Stone Mountain, Floor Expo and Flooring America.
I've got it sitting downstairs for a couple days before starting my install on Monday. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? I thought I'd buy something that I'd researched, but here I sit with 500 sq.ft.of a brand I can't find any info on. If it's crap I'd like to know before I put it down.
Anyone ever hear of Easy-Clic and have any opinions on it?

Jim

Old 10-07-06, 04:16 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Muskeg, welcome to the DIY forums

I am not the pro here but I've installed laminate wood floors this past year.

For my 2 cents worth...

If you can't find much about a product and you feel uncomfortable with it, don't use it. If you bought it b/c of the price...most times...you get what you pay for. Did it comes with information on how to install it? Does it have a warranty? If so, how long? How long have they been around? These are just some things to think about.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide on this particular brand? (Not to say it's bad).

Old 10-07-06, 05:14 PM
M

Hi:
I was looking to do 500 sq.ft. for $1500 for the planks and we were looking at Shaw, Tarkett and Pargo at this particular place. Prices were ranging from $1.99 to $2.50 and we ended up bumping up a little to this Easy-Clic beveled stuff at $2.85. All these other companies I can read up on, but this Easy-Clic seems to come from outer space, as far as I can tell.
The Yankees did just get their butt kicked by Detroit, so whether I made a good or a bad buy on the Easy-Clic I'm feeling pretty good about that right now.

Jim

Old 10-07-06, 05:17 PM
B
I am not familiar with that brand either but I agree with DIYaddict that you often get what you pay for, but before you go taking it back with the quality sight unseen, Maybe open a box and assemble a small section. See how it looks, walk around on it to base an opinion. Don't forget if you do install it or any other click together laminate floor you will need an installation kit consisting of perimeter spacers, pinchbar, and beater block. I used a Pergo kit for a different make last time so it shouldn't make any difference which kit you use. Good Luck!

Old 10-11-06, 04:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Don't forget the underlayment. That is usually where your cost comes in, as it almost costs half as much as the flooring. I have also installed click lock by Armstrong, and it is a snap (no pun). I noticed at Lumber Liquidators a brand with the underlayment already attached to the underside of the flooring. May try this in my hallway soon just to see if it can be recommended or not.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: