(Laminate Flooring)....diy Project

Old 10-08-06, 10:08 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question (Laminate Flooring)....diy Project

I'm planning to install laminate flooring in our living room and hallway in the next couple of week. Thinking of getting the glueless type hopefully it will be quick and easy for a weekend project.

We live in the apartment and I assumed the sub-floor will be wood. It is approximately 350 sq ft including 10% for error.
As it is not completely square near the fireplace where carpet meet the tile my questions is;
1.How do I measure the odd angle shape like triangle.
2.Do I need to remove the tiles and install laminate to replace it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-06, 01:29 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If laminate is abutting triangled arrangement of tile with straight lines, planks will have to be cut at an angle. Recommended expansion gap will need to be allowed. If laminate and tile are of same height, a T-molding can be installed in the gap. The laminate manufacturer should have matching trim pieces. Without a picture, it is difficult to provide a better solution.

Old 10-10-06, 10:01 PM
W
Without a picture, it is difficult to provide a better solution

Thanks Twelvepole... I have a picture to show but unfortunately
my user profile does not allow me to include attachments.
Could any of the moderators please allow me to use the option to enable the use of attachment. I'll try to reduce the file size to the minimal as I agreed with Twelvepole without a picture it is difficult to provide a solution.

Thanks

Old 10-10-06, 10:16 PM
B
Originally Posted by wongja
Without a picture, it is difficult to provide a better solution

Thanks Twelvepole... I have a picture to show but unfortunately
my user profile does not allow me to include attachments.
Could any of the moderators please allow me to use the option to enable the use of attachment. I'll try to reduce the file size to the minimal as I agreed with Twelvepole without a picture it is difficult to provide a solution.

Thanks
They don't seem to allow that in this forum. Best you can do is use an image hoster like Photobucket and post a link. It would be a big benifit if You could post thumbnails here I agree.

Old 10-11-06, 08:16 PM
W
Originally Posted by BuiLDPro68
They don't seem to allow that in this forum. Best you can do is use an image hoster like Photobucket and post a link. It would be a big benifit if You could post thumbnails here I agree.
I wanted to try and post the picture using the avatar but unfortunately it does not allow me to upload any files. You can only choose the pre selected icon only.

Any ideas anyone??? I really hope someone can advise or direct me to the proper link to help guide me to this project.
Thanks

Old 10-12-06, 08:27 PM
W
I wanted to try and post the picture using the avatar but unfortunately it does not allow me to upload any files. You can only choose the pre selected icon only.

Any ideas anyone??? I really hope someone can advise or direct me to the proper link to help guide me to this project.
Thanks
Here is the link to to view the picture. Would appreciate if someone can explain the proper way to measure the angle.
Special thank you to DIYaddict for showing me the proper way to post a link.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/wongj_12/IMG_0446.jpg

Old 10-12-06, 08:39 PM
W
Here is the link to to view the picture. Would appreciate if someone can explain the proper way to measure the angle. Note the window and the direction will be parallel with the source of light.
Special thank you to DIYaddict for showing me the proper way to post a link.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/wongj_12/IMG_0447.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/wongj_12/IMG_0446.jpg
Thanks all for your response.

Old 10-13-06, 03:13 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=wongja]

2.Do I need to remove the tiles and install laminate to replace it.

QUOTE]

wongja...I don't know if it would be safe for laminate flooring to be right at the fireplace if you were to take out the tile flooring right there.

Check back though as the pros can help you better.
BTW: Welcome to the DIY forums

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: