fixing hump in floor.

Old 10-23-06, 04:31 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fixing hump in floor.

I would like to install new hardwood or bamboo flooring, however, in the kitchen right by the entry to the dining room (so it affects both rooms) there is about a 1" hump in the floor going out about 2 feet in all directions from highest point (although the part that is 1" up isn't a large area, just the highest point of it). I took a look under the house and it looks like there is a pier right under the spot where the hump is and it looks like (from looking at the beams) it hasn't settled as much as the rest of the house. although the high spot of the hump isn't anywhere near the size of the pier, and it just slopes down in all directions, I'm pretty certain this has to be the cause. Is there any way to fix this or level it out so that I can install new flooring? or am I stuck with the old vinyl and carpet unless I get someone in to fix the pier?

Old 10-29-06, 07:10 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a similar problem and would also love to know what the best way to fix the problem would be.

We have a 1" hump over about 2 feet on either side. It's caused by a joist that is higher than all the others.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: