Orange glo, Quick shine Comparison & a problem

Old 10-25-06, 06:04 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Orange glo, Quick shine Comparison & a problem

Quick shine finish, Rejuvenate, Floor revive,
Restore-a-Floor... which is the best one to use? I have a 40 year old oak floor that needs to be refinished, but I can't afford it right now. Also, I hear you have to be out of the house for at least 2 days, and that's not an option right now. Most of the floor is OK, with just some scratches, but there are 2 spots where the finish is completely worn off. Which one would be the best to use just to spruce it up?

Now for the problem: I used the Orange Glo floor system last year and it turned out great! I couldn't believe how good it looked. Not so this time. I went over the scratches in the floor with Old English scratch cover polish and wiped off the oily residue. Then I used the Orange Glo floor "refinisher." It worked great on the worst worn spot betwen the dining/living room, but left round spots in the area between dining/kitchen. The spots do not match the place where I actually poured the "refinisher" on, so I don't think it's from that. The spots/scratches are a lot lighter than the surrounding wood. It seems to be getting worse, with more spots/scratches visable every day. Is there anything I can do to even the color out? Is there any way to get the Orange Glo stuff off the floor?

Thanks!

Susan

Old 10-30-06, 09:10 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Never mind... I answered my own question. After trying several products to no avail, I tried "Rejuvenate." It removed most of the white spots and the ones remaining are difficult to see and blend in pretty good. The floor is shiny and looks great.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: