Wilsonart Laminate Flooring

Old 10-29-06, 03:39 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Wilsonart Laminate Flooring

I'm going to install Wilsonart Tap-and-Lock laminate flooring. Can I make the "tapping block" that the instructions call for? Can you give me an idea?

Is it necessary to cut the groove off the first row of flooring that goes against the wall? Thanks for you help.

Old 10-29-06, 07:18 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Yes, cut off the groove-first and last row. The gap required starts from the edge of the board. If you don't cut it, then it will start from that groove. That won't be good.

How much is the tapping block from Wilsonart? IMO, buy it. Shouldn't be that much. A lot of times if you don't use the correct tools from the manufacturer they say it will void the warranty.

Old 10-30-06, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
just for clarification............you all are talking about cutting off the tongue, right? not the groove.....

and i agree.........BUY the tapping block. it'll match the tongue/groove profile perfectly so it won't damage the planks. buy the whole installation KIT, if there is one. it should have a tapping block, pull bar, how-to video & maybe spacers. well worth the $.

Old 10-30-06, 03:33 PM
I suggest buying the Crain Tools laminate kit and then e-baying it.

Along with a taping block, you'll need a slap bar, to close the endon the last plank in each row.

Once tapped together, don't expect to get it back apart without damage.

Old 10-31-06, 09:40 PM
J
you didnt need to cut off the groove off the first row of flooring ,you can use the floor accessary to connect the wall or the door to the floor.
we also sell the floor with the floor accessary , it can destroy the floor if you cut the groove

jenson

Last edited by twelvepole; 10-31-06 at 10:53 PM. Reason: No email addresses allowed in forums.
Old 11-01-06, 02:56 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
I layed the floor follow the manufacturers instructions. I improvised the installation kit by using 1/4" plywood blocks as spacers, made a tapping tool out of oak flooring and used a prybar to close the end piece of each row. The floor looks great and thank you all for your input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: