BHK laminate flooring

Old 12-10-06, 11:46 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
BHK laminate flooring

Has anyone out there heard about the quality/durability of BHK Moderna Lifestyle laminate floors? They offer a lifetime warranty for wear, stain, and fade, which is far and away better than most warranties for products in the same price range (around $2.00 sf retail, $1.91 sf on iFloor.com). I haven't been able to find any reviews for the floor, though, and I don't know anyone who has experience with BHK. It's a 7mm product which, in my experience, is usually a "basic" product with 10-15 yr warranty, so we are wondering if this is really a quality product... We are also looking at Quick Step Classic and Eligna series (we had a mid-range Quick Step product in our old condo and were quite happy with it) and also Armstrong and Mannington products. Budget constraints limit us to products in the $2 range. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Old 12-14-06, 04:41 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Here's 1 review:

http://www.fastfloors.com/lr_10878,0,85728/BHK-Laminate-Flooring/_/Moderna--Lifestyle/review.htm

Doesn't help much...but it's great they offer a lifetime warranty! How new is there product? How long have they been around? Doesn't hurt to get a sample and test it out too if you are interested. Just some things to think about when one offers a lifetime warranty. My thought is you probably would love the flooring (any flooring to last a lifetime) but in reality may want/need to change it before "lifetime" ends.

Just my opinion to get the flooring you really want. Maybe you can save up some more $$?

I've gone with Quick-Step too and am very pleased with them, the product and installation.

Old 12-14-06, 06:36 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks for the thoughts. We have already ordered a sample, which I will be sure to thoroughly stomp on, scratch, throw the cats at, etc. We, too, had QuickStep and really liked it. This product was just one of those, "Gee, could it be too good to be true?" things. There just isn't that much information about the company out there on the Web, which makes me think it may be a newer product. I was able to find out that the company is German and they really do offer an excellent warranty...not that I need these floors to last a lifetime, but the length of the warranty usually corresponds to how strongly the company is willing to back the quality of their product.

Happy holidays!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: