Laminate Flooring in a Mobile Home?

Old 01-06-07, 09:55 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Laminate Flooring in a Mobile Home?

I have lived in my mobile home for about 15 years and am wanting to get all new flooring. Right now I have vinyl flooring and carpet but want laminate throughout the house because I have a dog. I have heard that laminate flooring isn't good in a mobile home. I was hoping someone could give me more information about this.

Thanks,
Donna

Old 01-06-07, 12:28 PM
S
Provided your subfloor is within the flatness tolerances of the manufacturer you choose and there is no water damage causing a weak floor, I see no particular issue with using laminate in a mobile home. The issues I've encountered with it have been the same, regardless of the home construction and are normally related to moisture, shoddy workmanship. or shopping price rather than quality. You'll get what you pay for and, although the material at discount places may look the same for less money, it isn't.

Old 01-06-07, 12:33 PM
nap
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Four Season home manufacturing actually installs laminate flooring in some of their new homes.

As smokey stated, as long as the floor is in good shape, you should be OK.

Old 01-06-07, 03:13 PM
G
Talking Thank you!

My floors are in great condition so sounds like I will be able to get the laminate that I want. Thank you so much for your replies.

Donna

Old 01-08-07, 11:03 AM
C
Lightbulb

Hi Donna,

We did this ourselves. You need to make sure you install a "hard board" base, and a moisture barrier before you put the flooring down and all should be fine. If you're not doing this yourself, your contractor should know exactly what to do. If he doesn't, find another contractor.

Best wishes,
Chris

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: