feathering hardwood?

Old 01-25-07, 12:58 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking feathering hardwood?

hello everyone. Just wondering what "feathered" hardwood looks like. I was searching for hardwood and a sales clerk told me a certain beech was discontinued for "feathering". Don't know why I didn't ask them at the time, but now it has me thinking. Thanks!
Old 01-25-07, 03:53 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,047
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Feathering is often used to describe loosened grain, shelling, or lifting of the grain. "Just wondering what "feathered" hardwood looks like." Grain will be raised and often has a corrugated appearance. Grain may appear raised or separated.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: