HELP...bad job or normal laminate

Old 02-19-07, 09:57 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP...bad job or normal laminate

I just had laminate put in by a pro...problems are wife realted, but I am starting to concur with her...the seams seem to be uneven in place (eventually going to flake I would think)....and I have small chips on the corners of some boards, and other chips in the length at the seams as well....in cleaning on hands and knees (had tile put in as well, so lots of dust)..I keep seeing these..the installer said that these are normal, and not to worry..my wife is asking friends, and they do NOT have these issues, an they did it themselves!.....do I make a stink?? I thinnk we are going to try to go with engineered laminate......do I call out the installer on this?? or is it normal....please advise!

Old 02-19-07, 05:36 PM
D
Laminate flooring

Sounds like a bad job to me. I did 900 sq. ft. and have none of the things you mentioned. If your flooring locked together as mine did, sometime I needed to use a block to tap them together. If you are not careful they will chip on the edges. If the ends do not butt together smooth, there might have been dirt or particals under the ends as they were going together and did not allow a smooth joint.

Duke of......

Old 02-19-07, 08:53 PM
Your being duped!

Shoddy sloppy installation causes those concerns.

Old 02-20-07, 07:28 AM
R
thanks for the input

the owner is coming out with a manugacturers rep to look at it..I will pass on these suggestions..thanks

Old 02-20-07, 05:27 PM
If the substrate below the laminate is not flat(1/8" in 6'), it will cause "proud" edges.

It can also cause the boards to be able to flex. The tight edges, flexing and rubbing each other can cause edge chipping.

Old 02-21-07, 07:24 AM
We did a DIY install and the only chip we got was when I dropped a hammer on the floor when I was trying to remove it for remodelling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: