quarter round molding

Old 02-21-07, 07:21 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quarter round molding

I just completed my first laminate installation in my home. There were a few mistakes, but for the most I'm happy with the job my family and I did. My question is in regards to the quarter round moulding. I took the class in laminate installation at the local Home center and one of the instructors said I could nail the quarter round down or use liquid nail to fasten it to the baseboard. The instructor installed a small section of flooring during the class and liquid nailed the quarter round. It was quick and no need to hammer the moulding in and risk hitting the flooring as well as no need to fill nail holes and repaint. I've used liquid nail to fasten the transition pieces to the slab, but using liquid nail on the moulding is a first for me. Will it really work ?

Old 02-21-07, 08:15 PM
I think liquid nails would work fine, but I would have a couple concerns. It would be very difficult to remove the quarter round and baseboard if you used liquid nails. It would most likely damage the molding when you tried to remove it. If you ever want to change your flooring, you would have to buy all new molding. Also, I would be worried about getting liquid nails on your laminate flooring. You would have to take special care when applying it so you don't leak any onto the flooring. I would stick with regular nails, even though it might take extra time and effort.

Old 02-21-07, 08:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Rent a finishing nail gun from the home center. This will save you butt loads of time and won't damage the flooring.

Old 02-22-07, 07:53 AM
Nail it!!!!

If you glue it all, your going to need nails to hold it where you want it so it doesn't move as it cures. Or have things everywhere propped against it to keep it tight ot the wall. Then you have the mess of urethane glue ooze.

Nail it!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: