Cryntel Kempas Flooring

Old 03-10-07, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cryntel Kempas Flooring

I was considering this product from Lowes as well as the Thomasville product from home Depot... The Thomasville can be laid as a floating floor - which is what I want to do over my concrete foundation.

Does anyone know if you can float the Cryntel product? The outside of the box is not clear. Any help is appreciated.

mdr2001

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-07, 09:01 AM
Not familiar with Cryntel Kempas but I did a little research. Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.loweslink.com/llmain/pubdocuments/MoistureContentAcclimationandGradeRequirementsforWoodFlooring.pdf

see page 19.

If so...it says it's for nail, glue down or floating but not for over concrete subfloors.

BTW: Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums

Old 03-11-07, 12:20 PM
Your lowes still has Cryntel 3/4" hardwood flooring?

I ask because I installed the Cryntel 3/4" solid Merbau floor. I wanted to pick up more of it but I was told that the Cryntel flooring was discontinued at all Lowes stores?

Anyway, the Cryntel 3/4" solid hardwood should be nailed or stapled down. I would never consider any other method with a 3/4" solid hardwood. If you are on slab you should put down a minimum of 5/8" CDX plywood, 3/4" is better, as your nailing surface.

Here is a link to the pics of the Merbau in my Guest bedroom. Copy and paste into a browser. http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1063/1468/102078.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1063/1468/105280.jpg

This pic is the Thomasville Mahogany in my Family room. I was concerned about transition height to the existing slate tile. This floated, engineered floor was a great choice. I used tinted caulk between the tile and wood floor and it looks great.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1063/1468/151370.jpg

Old 03-11-07, 10:32 PM
Smile Thanks

DIYaddict - Thanks for the info... That's exactly what I needed to know. Although it is not expressly stated on the page The Kempas is an Engineered flooring option not the solid listed for Merbau. I have had the hardest time finding any documentation on this product(even on the box itself). Thanks again.

Shooter - The Kempas I was looking at is not a solid hardwood, but an engineered wood product. I knew with concrete I would have to do the plywood option - so I am avoiding solid Hardwood altogether. I was just suprised that it did not have install options on the box. Thanks for the pics of the Thomasville install... I think I may go with that option, after a little more looking..

Thanks for all the help guys...

Old 03-11-07, 11:05 PM
The Lowes website for the Cryntel engineered says "easy glue down installation".

Old 03-01-09, 06:24 PM
I am considering the Cryntel Kempas Engineered wood as well. The box at my Lowes has a step by step directions for install and says to glue down.

Old 03-19-09, 10:01 AM
Engineered Kempas

I have found that the appearance of solid Kempas is much better than the look of engineered Kempas. I would definitely try getting a solid 3/4" product before purchasing the engineered.

Old 05-22-09, 07:55 AM
Cryntel flooring

Wouldn't buy this product, it mars easily and requires using a specific floor cleaner (read expensive) to maintain warranty. Also complaints to company are met with 'this is the nature of the product'

Buyer beware.

Old 08-20-09, 09:15 AM
Cryntel Flooring " Buyer Beware"

If you review there guidelines nothing is said about humidity levels, They state: DO NOT install in high moisture areas but there product is defective if not installed in it's perfect environment. what is that? 40-60% humidity. What if that changes? you always have to worry about the floor, That is not a good product or a way to live.
Cryntel products are not cheap in price but they are cheap in product so stay away from any Cryntel products and spend a little more and get hardwood or use a better product.
I wish I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!