Easiest laminate to install!

Old 03-14-07, 08:15 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Easiest laminate to install!

I live in the middle of nowhere Wyoming and can not find an installer that will take on a new laminate floor. So I have decided to attempt it myself, new house, I built most of it, what is the easiest brand to intsall???

So far I like Alloc the best, I will have to have it shipped no matter what, nearest dealer of any kind is 90 miles away and they have to have it shipped anyway.

Thanks!

Wish I had found this forum sooner, lots of great info!

Old 03-16-07, 10:00 AM
D
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums Huck58

Well...since you're going to get Alloc "no matter what"...

From a non-professional point-of-view and a 1 time DIY installer I'd have to say Quick-Step is pretty easy on installation. (Only b/c I've I haven't had the opportunity to install anything else ) A good way to go is to find someone or a few people who have had difficulty in installing the floor on any particular brand...and see if it was the actual product itself or the DIY (or professional) installer.

If you're still searching for more information on Alloc or any other brand of laminate wood, you can use the search option here (see towards the top). Use key words like "Alloc" or "Quick-Step" or "Pergo", etc.

Old 03-18-07, 06:21 PM
H
Thank you for the reply. Not sold on Alloc at all! :-) I will chek out the quick step brand!

Old 03-18-07, 08:03 PM
If you are looking for the floating kind, I think they are all pretty easy to install. No nails, no glue. They usually just click together somehow. The only difficult part is getting the boards straight, making cuts around doors or other objects, and transitioning to other rooms or doors.

I have heard good things about Quick-Step as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: