Pergo "global passage" reviews?

Old 03-24-07, 08:57 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pergo "global passage" reviews?

Just picked up 200 sq/ft of pergo global passage 5inch laminate, african paudauk color. It was $3.00 sq/ft, minus a 40 cent rebate, and 10% for opening the lowes card.

I love the color and is just what I was looking for, an individual 5" inch plank with beveled edges.

Does anyone have any reviews on this product? Install, buckling, scratching, etc?

Can i put a dab of glue between planks? it seems to go together to easy!

Also, this has a pre attached underlayment, over slab. Should I attach plywood, to the slab, or just go right over the slab? If i go right over the slab, I plan on using tar paper since I have about 2 rolls left over from another job..

Finally, floor in the rest of the house is about 1/4" higher than the floor in this room, because of built up, black mastic used when the original parquet was glued down. When I get around to ripping up the old parquett, will the 1/4" difference between the different laminates be a problem? Thanks!

Old 03-24-07, 09:15 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can find all the technical info on this product at http://www.pergo.com/shop/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PW%2080518

Installation over concrete requires a vapor retarder. They mention edge sealer. You must follow recommended installation instructions re: surface prep and vapor retarders in order not to void warranty. Plywood should not be installed over slab. There are transitional pieces available to accommodate differences in heights of adjoining floor surfaces. With proper care and maintenance, following manufacturer's recommendations, the floor surface finish should not be an issue.

You will need to do a moisture test on slab. You will need to acclimate the product for 2-3 days for it to adjust to temp and humidity. Concrete needs to be clean, dry, and flat. High spots can be grounded. Low spots can be filled with self-leveling compound. 6 mil minimum is recommended as a polylpropylene vapor retarder. Pergo recommends their own MoistureBloc. You need 1/4" perimeter expansion gap and use spacers. You will need to undercut door jambs and hearths. Follow all installation instructions carefully in order to maintain warranty. The product has a 25 year finish warranty. Read the fine print. Most warranties do not cover improper installation or care and maintenance or general use and abuse. The Pergo site does not report the thickness of the veneer layer or how many times this product can be refinished, if any. Most major manufacturers offer products at good, better, best levels of quality, warranty, and price. You may want to compare how this product stacks up against the rest of Pergo's products.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: