best noise reduction underlayment

Old 03-28-07, 03:08 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
best noise reduction underlayment

Hello

Thanks in advance for any feedback on my question.

I am installing engineered wood flooring in my condo conversion unit, which is on the second floor of my building. My floor is seperated from my neighbour below, by plywood and then 2x6" rafters. Below that is her drywall ceiling.

My hoa is very small, and has no standards in place for underlayment for wood flooring. In fact they may not even approve my request, as no one else in the building has installed wood flooring.

I would like to go to them with a superior underlayment, but at the best price of course.

Is there a product out there that will make my new wood floors as quiet to live under as the carpet that I am replacing?

Is 6mm cork the standard for these situations, or is there something just as good, or better?

Many thanks again for any input you can provide.

Tony

Old 04-04-07, 11:00 AM
S
Me too

I plan to install laminate or similar engineered wood flooring, and don't wish to adversely affect my tenant downstairs. We've had carpet till now.

I'm looking for info and opinions regarding sound-absorbing materials. I've heard of Green Glue and have looked at a bunch of MLV (Mass Loaded Vinyl) makers. It's hard to tell what works best, as the manufacturers' data is often based on unrealistic scenarios rather than real-world applications.

Any real-world experiences out there?

Thanks

Old 04-05-07, 01:57 PM
D
google easy mat

Old 04-06-07, 08:36 AM
E
Floor Muffler

There are several brands available. I would recommend contacting a local flooring company or flooring supply company and purchase The Floor Muffler. Cork and other products are usually hard to work with and require a roller in order to properally glue down. The Floor Muffler comes in 100 sq ft rolls that are easy to work with and has a higher sound rating then cork. It is easy taped together at the seams with 2" tape. In addition to sound it provides moisture protection for those on concrete slabs. Finally - they are members of the National Wood Flooring Association. Visit - www.floormuffler.com for all specs and information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: