Lock and Seal small gaps

Old 04-03-07, 07:37 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lock and Seal small gaps

I am replacing my kitchen and dining room floor with the Amber Oak Lock and Seal floor. Everything was going as good as can be expected (Minus a couple oh man cut the wrong side) and then when I was about 2 feet in front of my Sink I started to get some little gaps where the boards come together. I have tried different boards and double checked to make sure the boards on the row before it we all lined up correctly.

I can't get these to come together like they should. Any suggestions or "fixes"

Old 04-03-07, 10:26 AM
did you check for flatness before beginning? if you didn't, maybe there's a peak or dip there.

Old 04-03-07, 11:16 AM
R
It actually has gaps in both directions. | and -- way. Not big ones. Maybe the width of a piece of paper. It is tight at one end of the seam but gaps at the other. I don't know if that makes much sense but thats all I can think of to describe it. I just don't want any water getting in there so I don't know if there is a caulk or something I can use and still get them to lock together right.

Old 04-03-07, 11:33 AM
don't just accept them & fill them with caulk. they should be tight.

have you tried using a tapping block of some sort?

and what about the flatness of your subfloor? a dip or peak could be causing the boards to not line up right. if all the other boards have come together tightly, then there's something going on in that area that's different.

Old 04-03-07, 12:34 PM
R
Yeah I locked in a scrap piece and tried to tap it in to close up the gap. I will check the floor tonight.

Old 04-03-07, 08:10 PM
Make sure there is no trash in the joint!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: