Westhollow Laminate - True Natured Eden Maple?

Old 04-22-07, 01:37 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Westhollow Laminate - True Natured Eden Maple?

Hello All,

My husband & I have been searching for a good looking quality laminate.

We had originally settled on either the Armstrong American Duet (Narrow & Wide Planks), or the Pergo Vintage Home Traditional Strip laminate floors...

Then we went to iFloor, and we saw the 12mm True Natured Eden Maple which we like the looks of, and they were having a pretty good sale on it.

I'm really concerned though because I can't find any ratings/reviews on the Westhollow Laminate floors...

They have a 50yr. Wear, Stain, and Fade Warranty, but I'm really curious why they were quite a bit less expensive than the Armstrong or the Pergo....

Anyone have any experience with Westhollow Laminates, especially on the 12mm True Natured products??

Any feedback would be great!!!

Thanks in Advance!

Old 04-22-07, 05:32 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If your concerns are about quality, it is best to go with a major manufacturer that offers good, better, best levels of quality, warranty, and price. Then, choose the best product your budget will allow. Brand alone does not indicate the 'best' quality.

The warranty you mention is for the plastic surface. What's underneath the surface? How many layers? Direct Pressure (3 layers) or High Presssure (5 layers)? Or, other type of substrate? Is there a layer that protects it from moisture? Is there a moisture warranty? Better laminates offer some type of moisture warranty. What type of locking system? You need one that can hold up to every day wear and tear plus the weight of heavy furniture. Uniclic, Kronotexís Clic2Clic, Classenís EasyConnect and Lamtonís InstaLock are among recognized locking systems. Have you read the installation instructions? What other materials are needed? Vapor retarder? Cushion? Who will service the warranty if there is a warranty issue? Go to www.nalfa.com to see if the product has met the rigorous standards and gotten the seal of approval of the North American Laminate Manufacturers Association.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: