Uneven Subfloor at Entryway

Old 04-26-07, 07:26 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Uneven Subfloor at Entryway

I am preparing to install laminate flooring (for the first time) on the 1st floor of a 2 story home. We just finished the carpet removal today and I have begun sanding the floor to remove any type of minor inperfection.

We removed tile for around the front door and after we got everything pulled up we could see there was a depression where the tile was. I placed a piece of laminate down and there was probable 3/16" difference in the height on the left side of the door and it was pretty even on the right side. The doorway is probably 3 ft.

What is the best way to correct this? I have read where people are placing shingles down, using roofers felt or self-leveling compound. What is the best way to fix this so that I have a level subfloor?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-26-07, 08:36 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I used the self leveling compound on my subfloor when I layed laminate flooring. Your's sounds very similar to what I had and this method worked just fine. Just mix it up pour it and screen it level. I used about a 5' flat bar (to keep my level clean) to run over it and check for level. The area your talking about doesn't sound to big so this should probably work and would take minimal effort.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: