how to cover stairs?

Old 05-02-07, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to cover stairs?

hey all. I have a split level home with the two main levels separated by 3 stairs. The upper level/hall have laminate flooring as does the living room at the bottom of the stairs. I am having a hard time trying to decide how to best do the stairs. The main problem i am having is at the top of the stairs where you enter the hallway. As its a floating floor i am having troubl finding a cap or some method to be able to cover the existing bulnose (i am open to removing the bullnose if necessary) while still covering the edge of the floating floor and alloing it to float while still not having a huge lip at the top of the stairs. Once i figure out what to do with this spot i have 3 other spots in the house that will utilize the exact same method as i have 3 set of stairs and all have floating floor at the upper end of the stair case.
I would like to put laminate on treads (no nails or similar) and maybe a lighter color laminate on the risers/kickers, however capping the edge of these will still require a lip at the edge of each stair as far as i can tell. I think tile will likely be the easiest solution to cover the stairs, but i am still stuck trying to tie in at the upper edge.
Any sugestions as to how to solve this. I am open to looking at any idea.

Thanks

Scott

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-07, 07:02 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
hi
they have cap of metal design for that at a flooring store
they have a longer curve bottom part

good luck