Any experience with Tarkett laminate?

Old 05-14-07, 01:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any experience with Tarkett laminate?

Unfortunately the only dealer of Tarkett in Austin no longer carries it so I can't go look at samples (ordered a sample, but rather see bigger samples). I was interested in their Urban Luxury line due to the hand scrapped texture. I've read on the web and on here as much I could regarding their laminate but noticed the line is high pressure laminate and not high density like most others. I see people referring to Tarkett as a good brand but wonder why they would go with DPL instead of HPL.

Anyway, for those of you familiar with their product is it still a good product despite being DPL. Out of everything I've looked at (Wilsonart, Quick Step, Bruce, Armstrong, Tarkett, Columbia, Mohawk, Pergo) I can't find anything that I like without having something I don't like about it. So far it's a toss up between...

Tarkett Urban Luxury - has rich look and nice texture but is DPL (rated AC3)
http://www.tarkett-floors.com/floors/site/en-US/topic/residential_laminate/article/17184/article.asp

Pergo World Traveler - has edge sealant(?), nice exotic look, and is HDF but texture isn't as good
http://www.pergo.com/shop/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=WT%206013

Not exactly sure if Pergo is the hands down winner due to having edge sealant(is this just marketing hype) and being HDF or if the only difference is just one is Direct Pressure and the other isn't. Just to note, the Tarkett is lifetime warranty while the Pergo is 25yr, either way I don't plan on being in the house for more than 10.

Any insight is appreciated.

Old 05-15-07, 11:54 AM
R
My wife and I too were wanting to look at the Urban luxury here in Houston. I went into a floor store and when I asked about Tarkett to the sales guy he just said they didn't carry them. Thats when their Wilsonart rep kindly said to me that Tarkett has been having some kind of issues with their distribution here in Texas. So I am not sure what to do myself to get a look at the stuff. We were told about a very nice realistic looking floor when we were at Roberts Carpet. It is a Lminate made by Armstrong cal Grand Illusions. Roberts Carpet did not have it but the sales rep said to go to this little floor store down the road to see it. I must say this stuff looks tremendous. So you might want to check that one out.

Post some info if you find out anymore on the Tarkett sample. Good Luck

Old 05-16-07, 04:10 PM
I've heard the same issue regarding distribution, but no mention of it just affecting Texas. I spoke earlier this week with a product tech and he informed me that they will be creating the laminate in Pennsylvania fairly soon rather than Germany. Don't know if that has anything to do with the current situation or not.

I haven't looked at the Grand Illusions line from Armstrong cause it's pricey . Seems nice but that's getting into the Wilsonart Red Label price range.

Old 05-17-07, 04:53 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can Google for Tarkett samples. Many who sell on line will ship samples.

Old 05-18-07, 07:01 AM
R
I order a sample of the Glorious Mahagony from Fast Floors for $3. Curious to see how it looks. I honestly prefer to see a larger sample than what I will get from them but if it is all I can get my hands on it will have to do. I will post what I think after I get it in. Probably will take a week or so.

Old 05-18-07, 08:17 AM
I just received my sample from fastfloors yesterday. Sample is nice and big compared to the pergo one I got. The Tarkett sample is about a foot long compared to the 5x5 pergo sample.

I like the Tarkett look better, seems more like wood but can tell it isn't HPL when looking at both cores. Love how wide the plank is, makes me want to stick with wide planks versus the 5". The ultraloc system seems beefy as if it can be disassembled without being messed up. The hand scraping is OK, definately a repeated pattern that looks machine done (as I knew it would). Wife didn't like the hand scraped look, she referred to it as thinking water messed/bubbled it up (she has never noticed hand scraped wood before), but overal liked the lookof it. Biggest problem I have is that it just has a hand scraped texture which makes it smooth, if it had wood grain embossed in addition to the scraping I would definately buy it. I need something that has some slight grip for the dogs like the pergo has.

Old 05-18-07, 09:51 AM
R
Great. Thanks for the post. I am looking forward to getting my sample. My wife is not big on the hand scraped look either. The Urban line seems to be less of a hand scrap look than the Cinque line. Overall thought it sounds like it might be a decent product. I will just have to wait and see when I get it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: