Which is the best laminate

Old 06-13-07, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Which is the best laminate

I have decided to remove the carpet in my bedroom due to allergies and lay some laminate floors...easy enough right? Well, I've never done something like laying down flooring but I have watch my friend do it at his home. Here is my question: I went to home depot and checked online and there are hundreds of types and brands of laminate flooring. Is there a particular brand that stands out over the other ones? I know I want laminate, the one that does not need glue, and about $2.00per square foot. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-07, 08:43 AM
You're correct, there are many to choose from. I'm not familiar with all of them but do have experience with Quick Step, Shaw, and Wilsonart. As with anything, you're going to get what you pay for and, while these are good brands, they, as with all manufacturers, have their "good, better, best" thing goin' on. Just pay attention to warranty lengths. The better the warranty, normally, the better the material. Warranties are only as good as the companies behind them so I'd avoid things like "Honest John's Best In The World" off brands. Stick with companies with good track records.

Old 06-13-07, 09:52 AM
I agree with Smokey49.

From a non-professional point of view (me) ... I've installed Quick-Step and it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it AND if you follow the manufacturers instructions. You really do get the price you pay for. Search around online as well as prices vary. Find something you like and not what you are willing to do deal with just b/c of the price. Quick-Step may be a little more than $2 per sqft but less than $3. Just depends on what you go with. I would also look into the other brands Smokey49 suggested. I only speak of Quick-Step b/c I've only done this once

BTW: Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums.

Also, keep coming back and ask questions when you stumble upon something. Find out all the info you need prior to installing. These guys are great.

Old 06-13-07, 11:38 PM
Has anyone used the Dupont Real Touch Elite sries. I am debating between the Dupont and a Shaw color. I have some Shaw in my living room right now. The Dupont has a color that I like and seems to be a little thicker than the Shaw. Any advice on these?