Underlayment for Engineered Hardwood

Old 06-15-07, 08:56 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Underlayment for Engineered Hardwood

We are putting down about 700 square feet of engineered hardwood in our kitchen, den, living room, and foyer/hallway. We have normal ceilings. My question is what kind of underlayment should I put down. We currently have linoleum in part of the areas, and basic wood underlyament everywhere else. I am wondering what kind of padding I should put under my hardwood. I have looked at a 3 in 1 padding, basically I want to keep it cheap if I can. Any suggestions would help.
Old 06-15-07, 09:12 AM
HotxxxxxxxOKC's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 7,754
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would look at the manufacturers recommendations. Sometimes, if you don't follow their instructions, they can void the warranty.

I've heard of some people using Volara foam.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: