laying laminate flooring

Old 06-24-07, 02:07 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool laying laminate flooring

I put down laminate in several rooms and 1 out of every 3 rooms I beat my brains out trying to get the laminate under door molding whats the trick can someone help. givening a hall way where there are bathroom doors and 3 bedroom doors and the doors are on both sides of the hall. I need help! hiding the cuts

Old 06-24-07, 02:13 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Can't you just remove this moulding? It should only be held on with some brad nails.

If it's impossible to get it out, you don't have to go under the moulding. Go about 1/4" away from it and then install a quarter-round type moulding to the exiting moulding.

Old 06-25-07, 05:35 PM
S
Door Jams

Originally Posted by HotinOKC
Can't you just remove this moulding? It should only be held on with some brad nails.

If it's impossible to get it out, you don't have to go under the moulding. Go about 1/4" away from it and then install a quarter-round type moulding to the exiting moulding.
Iam talking about around door jams from one side of the room to the other

Old 06-25-07, 05:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Undercut the door jam with a "door jam saw". You can probably rent these at bix box stores.

Old 06-26-07, 07:21 PM
Cut the locking lip off the T&G, and use glue(TiteBond II) to glue the pieces in. This allows you to flat lay and not rotate/angle it in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: