Refrigerator on top of Laminate Floor

Old 07-09-07, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Refrigerator on top of Laminate Floor

I am installing Laminate (Pergo) floor in kitchen. I will put them under all appliances including refrigerator (I will seal the gap per instruction for wet area).

When I slided out refrigerator I found there are 4 dents caused by the wheels of the refrigerator on existing vinyl floor. Is the refrigerator so heavy that it may break the finish of the laminate floor when it rolls through the new installed floor and sits on top of it? How can I prevent this?

Also, after installing the area underneath refrigerator space, I am going to roll the refrigerator from un-installed floor to the laminate floor (the thickness of floor is 5/16"). Is there any trick to prevent the groove from damage when I roll the refrigerator through the edge of installed floor?

Thank you very much for any advice you may provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-07, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The old vinyl is much softer than the laminate and much more susceptible to the "dents". Fill the dents in so there is no void under the laminate and you should be fine. As for rolling the 'fridge over the edge of the unfinished install, why would that be necessary? Move the thing into another room if need be, plug it in, and use it from there until the job is done.