newbee to engineered hardwoods...

Old 07-15-07, 08:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
newbee to engineered hardwoods...

...I just laid Trafficmaster engineered hardwoods from Home Depot in a room and have a few questions...
1. Since I am still remodeling, is there something cheap I can put over the finished floors to protect them during the remodel?

2. After the floors are put in...is there anything I can put on the floors to protect the finish a bit more from my dog (besides a rug!)?

3. Also, any recommendations to remove scratches that will probably occur?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-18-07, 04:23 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Question #2. Only thought would be to have the nails trims well every once in while

BTW: Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums

Old 07-22-07, 04:56 PM
S
DIY addict...

Thanks for the reply. I did trim the nails and honestly...the scratches add character! :-)

One more question...I have read through the paperwork that came with the engineered hardwood and can't find anything about needing to lay a vapor barrier. Is that needed when laying right over the plywood of a pier and beam house?

Old 07-22-07, 07:24 PM
S
Help please...underlayment...

I am laying engineered hardwoods and can't seem to find out...is an underlayment or vapor barrier needed when laying the hardwoods over the plywood in a pier and beam house? Thanks in advance...

Old 07-23-07, 12:04 AM
S
Yes. Some will tell you a vapor barrier is unnecessary if your subfloor is wood, but I use them anyhow. The pad is there to deaden footfall noise as the floating floor and subfloor collide with traffic. Some engineered hardwoods are stapled or glued down instead of being installed as a floating floor. If this is the case, the pad and vapor barrier is not used.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: