Laminate Pattern at Hallway Junction???

Old 08-15-07, 10:04 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate Pattern at Hallway Junction???

I'm installing tung/groove laminate flooring (no glue). My hallway basically forms a T. Most recommend running laminate flooring lengthwise (parallel to walls) down hallways. Each segment of the hallway is at least 14ft long, so lengthwise runs seem prudent. This presents a challenge at the junction of the T. Suggestions on how I could tackle this junction?

Old 08-17-07, 08:31 PM
M
Must be someone who's tackled this...?

Old 08-18-07, 05:42 AM
You can Tee mold it squared on side or the other.
You can Tee mold at a 45 from inside to outside corner.
You can even basket weave or an english corner, if the T&G design allows.

Old 08-18-07, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Altho my 2 hallways arent 14' long, I have 2, 1 coming in from the front door, 7' L x 3.5' W leading to an open area that seperates the LR from DR, then an offset to a hallway leading to the bath, which is 4' L x 3' W...so kinda like an offset cross. I ran all my laminated lengthwise from LR thru hall/area into DR and 'shorts' widthwise in the hallways - for a continuous pattern...No T caps anywhere xcept at doorways and 1 closet... kiinda like this..?!?
.LR
[Front door/hall /\LR
.....................\/DR
DR
............................====hallway into> [Bath]
.If this makes sense...?!?!

Old 08-18-07, 11:04 PM
M
thx for responses

jatco - if I understand your layout, its a little different than mine; you have an area between the hallway segments?

Wright - the Dupont Elite snaps on both the sides and ends. If I understand your T mold squared suggestion, I could run the horizontal portion of the hallway "T" as a continuous lengthwise run, then butt the vertical portion up to it with a T mold. I would prefer to avoid a mold in the middle of the hallway intersection however.

I'm not sure I follow your 45deg and basket weave/English corner suggestions. Could you plz elaborate? TIA.

Old 08-19-07, 07:32 AM
English corner...

You run the plank past the existing row, the width of the flooring so the end going the 90 direction interlocks. With that DuPont, it allows an 11" stagger on the end joints as you continue down the hallways.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: