Laminate question

Old 08-22-07, 07:00 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate question

I just installed Dupont laminate flooring from HD that looks like tile. I checked my floor level and everything seemed within tolerance but the one corner near a stairwell door seems to flex a good bit when you walk on it and is slightly out of level(less than 1/8 of an inch). Should I be concerned about this? It drives me crazy everytime I walk on it. If it's a problem is there anything I can slide under it to level it out? Thanks

Old 08-22-07, 08:28 AM
Z
I'm not too sure about whether it will cause you problems other than annoying you but if you need to shim it I've read a lot about people using roofing shingles I believe. I'm sure an expert will be by & able to elaborate more on this or whether it's even something to worry about, though I've found in the past if it bothers me, then it's worth fixing. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-22-07, 11:18 AM
If you can get it under there and it provides support, use it!!

Cardboard, roofing felt, newspaper, old Christmas cards.. Hehehe!! LOL

Old 08-22-07, 12:24 PM
B
Thanks for the responses guys. I thought about trying cardboard but wasn't sure that would work. Fortunately I haven't installed the transition pieces yet so I'll be able to slide something under that section easily. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: