Wood Floor Lifting

Old 09-05-07, 12:34 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wood Floor Lifting

I accidentally left the water running in our kitchen and that water spilled onto our Hard Wood Floors and I am afraid of the floors lifting/bubbling is there anything I can do to prevent this???? I do not want to replace the floor.

Sleepless in NJ

Old 09-05-07, 07:29 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am no expert but just wanted to say sorry that happened to you. I am always terrified of something like that since we put our new hardwood floors in.

I read that if that happens, you should have a wet/dry vac like a shop vac and immediately try to get all the water up as a first step. Usually though, the water gets under the wood and then there is nothing to stop the damage. Still, if you have the type of floor that is installed unfinished, the poly might be enough to protect it from getting between the cracks if you caught it soon enough. Mine is prefinished so if it happens to me, the water will go right between the planks. Then I read that sometimes if you can get up the water and turn the heat on, it might help dry out the subfloor. Other people have said that after their floor curled up, it went back down so who knows. It could have been worse, did you see the post about the toilet overflowing on the woodfloor and smelling-yuk.

I wish you luck!

Old 09-11-07, 09:03 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
A dehumidifier will expedite drying and may prevent crowning and cupping.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: