Laminate Flooring

Old 09-13-07, 03:45 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate Flooring

I bought laminate flooring that needs to be installed. What would be a fair price to pay? I am not sure, so guidance would be nice.

Old 09-13-07, 10:20 AM
Z
I don't install floors for a living nor have I ever worked for a flooring company or received estimates on flooring but I've read plenty of posts similiar to yours & they usually result in a response much like this...

You can't just give a round about price on installing flooring, everyone has different prices usually in relation to the quality of work they do. If you get a real cheap price 9 times out of 10 they will cut every corner possible to save themselves money & get as much profit from the job as possible. You get what you pay for.

Most responses will be somewhat similiar to the one above. My question would be what's keeping you from tackling the job yourself which in return would save you money as well as allow you learn a new trade that could save you money again in the future?

No pun intended but the name of the website is DoItYourself.com...

Old 09-13-07, 10:57 AM
that's why you get 3 estimates.

but several years ago, we bought laminate for 1.99 sq foot, and at that time, installation was also 1.99 sq foot. if that gives you some idea. (we did it ourselves)

but like was said, installing laminate is a pretty doable diy project.

Old 09-13-07, 10:16 PM
G
The most affordable price from a qualified flooring expert is the best! The going rate is about 2.75 SF if you have the materials. Try posting your project at projectground.com for reputable contractors and competitive pricing. I found my flooring contractor from there.

Old 09-14-07, 04:43 AM
G
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Smile Diy

Research some info, plenty of help on this site. You can DIY !!

Old 09-14-07, 07:34 AM
Z
Wow...

WOW, $2.75 a sq. ft?! I just couldn't ever see paying that much more on top of the materials just to have someone else come in & do what you could easily do yourself with a little time & research.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: