Start laying the floor where?

Old 09-21-07, 12:53 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Start laying the floor where?

Hello everybody,

My wife and I are going to lay the new laminate floor we got this weekend and there is one thing that is confusing me a little bit and I would love to get some feedback on before we start. We have a living room that has a hall attached to it with 2 bedrooms off of either side of the hall.

I have attached 2 picutures that show the room. Any ideas on where to start laying the floor so that I don't have to have an expansion joint between the living room and the hall.

Do I start laying the floor at the end of the hall and work towards the living room or do I start at the other end and finish in the hall?

Old 09-21-07, 01:21 PM
J
To elaborate on the question. At the end of the hall where the two bedrooms and the bathroom are there are door jams that the floor will have to slide under. If I try and finish in the hall I don't understand how to slide the floor under the door jam? So in that case would it be smarter to start in that tricky part where i could assemble and click some pieces together and then slide them under the door jam or finish up there?

any help is appreciate.

Old 09-21-07, 07:27 PM
S
If I were installing this floor, I would pop my control line so it went through the living room and hall way and then work off that line. If you run the planks side to side instead of length wise, it will be tough to keep it all straight and the joint from living room to hall will not be as strong.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: