Replacing Wood floor with Tile (Door jam issue)

Old 10-04-07, 07:46 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing Wood floor with Tile (Door jam issue)

Hello,
I am going to replace a bathroom floor that has engineered wood flooring with tile. The flooring runs out through the door to other side of the connected hallway. The door jams are tight on the flooring. I have an undercut saw to free up some room for the marble threshold. I have 2 questions. First of all, what saw would be best to cut across the flooring in the doorway without tearing it to pieces. Secondly, what tool/saw would be best to cut the engineered flooring that is under the door jam. It will be tight and I will need a good straight line.

Old 10-04-07, 08:01 PM
S
Engineered flooring is not the plastic, hard surface that laminate is and can be cut the same way any other wood is cut. If the planks are the snap together kind, take the material in the bathroom apart carefully so you have extra to work with. Remove the planks in the door way until you get past the doorway, into the hall. Then cut the piece you need on a table saw and re-install it. If the planks are glued together, Use a skill saw to get the majority of it cut and then use a sharp wood chisel to finish the ends of the cut.

Old 10-09-07, 08:24 PM
A sharp wood chisel will do the trick. score it with a razor knife and a sharp blade first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: