mixing laminate flooring patterns

Old 11-13-07, 06:53 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
mixing laminate flooring patterns

my question is two part:

1) i have come across some free mohawk duraloc flooring (1380x195x7mm)

i have 6 boxes 0f DL5-9 ( an organgey, tight grained oak with 3 "boards" per panel & 4 of DL5-35( blond oak with open grains & same 3 per panel).

has anyone ever seen multiple "wood" types of the same product line mixed in a random pattern?

2) would it be possible to track down some more of this specific run of mohawk product in other "3 boards per panel" in different "wood" types if i wanted to do more of a mix over a larger area?

i have enough for the bedroom to mix 2, but would consider mixing 1-3 if i could find enough to do the adjoining hall & den. so around another 10 boxes or so.

just running this idea up the flag pole!

thanks for the help....

Old 11-15-07, 10:39 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Since no one has replied yet...

It's really cool you got laminate flooring for free! I'm not too sure about mixing colors though. I haven't seen it. What you could try and do is lay them side by side however you plan laying it out and see how it looks. I personally wouldn't want the colors to be way off.

I don't see why you can't do it if you like it. Definitely check w/the manufactuer's warranty though or ask them if you're concerned about that.

Do a search on "Mohawk DL5" and you'll find the other colors. I've seen other colors:

DL5-10 Auburn Oak
DL5-40 Harvest Oak
DL5-39 Butternut Oak

But, those above are darker colors whereas the ones you stated are more of the lighter (blonde/yellow) colors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: